- Computer is an electronic device operating under the control of instructions stored in its own memory, that accepts data, process the data, produce results, and store the results for the future use.
- A computer is the fastest, most powerful, most expensive computer and used for very complex, sophisticated job such as nuclear research, calculating weather patterns, petroleum exploration, online banking, automotive design.
- A mainframe is a large, expensive, powerful computer that can handle hundreds or thousands of connected users simultaneously (multi-user) and storing tremendous amounts of data, instructions and information.
- Mainframes are often used in business that manage large amounts of data, for example, insurance companies use mainframe to process information about millions of policyholders.
- Personal computer is a commputer that can perform all its input, processing, output and storage activities by itself.
- Two types of personal computers are dekstop computers, and notebook computers.
Mobile computer and device
- Mobile computer is a personal computer (that can perform all of its input, processing, output, and storage activities itself that you can carry from place to place.
- Computing device small enough to hold in your hand.
- Special- purpose computer that functions as a component in a larger product and perform various functions depending on the product.